*****NEW**** Area Hiking Club!!!!
This hiking club is meant for EVERYONE, new or a veteran to hiking. Come join us and hike the beautiful parks in the Wright County Area. No hiking experience is needed! Just a positive attitude, a love of nature and all of its beauty and enjoy walking! Hiking Club is led by hiking enthusiast Beth Haglin. Beth loves to explore our area parks and share the beauty of hiking with others. Register today today!!!
Transportation is NOT provided! Please meet Beth, the hiking instructor, and other hikers at the scheduled hiking park by 6:15 pm based on the schedule below.
This hiking club is meant for families.
- Thursday, August 19- Robert Ney Memorial Park located at 5212 73rd St NW, Maple Lake, MN 55358
- Thursday, August 26- Lake Maria State Park located at 11411 Clementa Ave NW, Monticello, MN 55362
- Tuesday, September 14-Stanley Eddy Memorial Park located in South Haven, MN 55382 (see the highest point in Wright County!)
- Tuesday, Sept 21 Clearwater/Pleasant Park located at 10909 90th St NW, Annandale, MN 55302(2.35 mi)
- Tuesday, Oct 5 Fall Hike- Robert Ney Memorial Park located at 5212 73rd St NW, Maple Lake, MN 55358 final hike!
One registration per household is recommended. Children 12 years of age or older are allowed to attend without a parent present, however parents are responsible for transporting your child(ren) to and from the scheduled park. You can attend one or all of the scheduled area parks that fit your schedule. Bring one or all of your household members to enjoy this new and exciting club!! PLEASE wear hiking boots OR comfortable shoes to walk in and PLEASE dress for the weather the day of the hike. A water bottle is recommended as well.
Cost: $15.00 and registration includes: a "Hiking Club" button, a map of each park (when you arrive), and location/distance map of the scheduled hike (upon park arrival.)
If you have questions please contact Tana Fobbe at firstname.lastname@example.org